Completition: Jun 2011
A more extensive project I got involved in during my internship at Grapa.ws was the relaunch of Etnia Barcelona’s website.
About Etnia Barcelona : : The Barcelona based company designs grades up glasses from an everyday device to an indispensable style element, and thereby doesn’t shy away from colours. Etnia offers glasses and sunglasses for both, children and adults worldwide.
This was the first time I got to use a model-view-controller system. We used the template system Smarty, with the help of which the coding of design (e.g. HTML and CSS), functionality (e.g. PHP), and database access can be separated.
Due to the complexity of the project it was broken down into several phases.
- Coding of the basic structure (starting from header and footer)
- Slideshows on home page (1 automatic, 1 manually operable)
- Product catalogue with different views: static product overview, a horizontal slider with further proposals, and a detailed product view;
Search bar for product catalogue has been realised by another programmer.
- Integration of copies
- Preparation of template files for multilingual presentation
- Integration of spanish and catalan copies
- Addition of site-map and contact form
- WallOfFrame – Overview, user interface for registration and picture upload, and back-end for client
- Adjustments based on client’s feedback
- Advanced feedback messages for contact form
- Speed optimisation of entire website
- Integration of webfont
- GoogleMaps store finder